Thurs., Dec. 7, 2023
Don Walsh - Town Council-3rd District
“Honest, Respected, and Knowledgeable Leader”
While serving on the Town Council over the past 2 years I have:
- Chaired the solid waste commission.
- Served on the Personnel and Ordinance Committees
- Liaison to Cheshire Housing Authority and Prison Advisory Committee.
- Worked hard to keep a level mill rate in Cheshire in 2020.
- Served on the School Modernization Committee to work on a plan to upgrade our school facilities in an affordable way and manageable way.
- Assisted with the reopening of Mixville Park (free to Cheshire residents) after it was closed during the pandemic.
- Assisted neighbors in the 3rd District after a storm knocked out power for several days and needed help getting power restored.
- Owner of DW Gem Services, LLC, a small jewelry business located in Cheshire.
- Founder and president of Cheshire’s Lights of Hope, a charity to assist Cheshire residents that has raised over $1 million since 2005.
- Served on Cheshire’s Planning and Zoning Commission 2018-2019
- Team Jenifer: Captain of MS Walk Team-1999-Present. Chairperson for an Annual Beer Tasting Benefit- Raising over $375,000 since 1999.
- New Haven Gridiron Club-Past President/Board Member-1983-2000
- St. Bridget’s School-School Board Member-2014-2016
- Connecticut MS Society-Top 10 Statewide Fundraiser for 17 straight years
- Cheshire Town Council- Certificate of Recognition-2011-20120
- Cheshire Chamber of Commerce: 2016 Richard “Dick” Miller Recognition of Volunteerism Award
- Cheshire Rotary Club: Paul Harris Fellow, 2013
- Cheshire Community YMCA: “Reaching Out Award”, 2012
- Cheshire Grange-Citizen of the Year, 2009
- 2019 Legacy Award from the Connecticut Chapter of the National MS Society
- 2021 Cheshire Chamber of Commerce-Non-Profit of the Year recipient