Thursday, Dec. 2
Rob Oris - Town Council Chairman/Mayor
“Strong, Experienced Leadership”
- Town Council Chairman/Mayor for past 5+ years
- Serving in his 8th year as a member of the Cheshire Town Council
- Past President; Cheshire Junior Football & Cheer
- Past Co-Chair Cheshire High School Field Turf Fundraising Committee
- Past member; Cheshire Public Building Commission
- Past volunteer football coach; Cheshire High School and Cheshire Junior Football
- Free mason and a member of Cheshire Lodge #16
- Married to his wife Monica for 26+ years. They have three children; RJ, Samantha and Jonathan
- Self-employed since 1996 in commercial real estate finance and investment
- Graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Business majoring in Finance. Graduate of their Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies (CREUES)
A Strong Advocate For:
- Fiscally responsible budgets and decision-making
- Quality economic development to increase the grand list
- Supporting the school system to insure it remains top-notch
- Strategic investments in the community to insure Cheshire remains a great place to live and run a business
- A collaborative, cooperative and bi-partisan approach to governing
- Keeping Cheshire affordable for all residents, especially our seniors
- As Town Council Chairman/Mayor, Rob has lead the council with a spirit of bi-partisan collaboration to effectively govern and advance important issues facing our community.
- Providing strong, experienced leadership in the face of ever-increasing state fiscal concerns.
- Helped architect the past 6 year’s budgets which were fiscally responsible and received bi-partisan support. Kept mill rate increases minimal all while insuring Cheshire maintains its AAA credit rating.
- Spearheaded targeted investments in education, public safety, infrastructure, land preservation and town service endeavors.
- Advancing important economic development initiatives that will maintain the character of our community, add to our quality of life and grow our grand list.